Thursday, November 10, 2005

On Being A ''Good'' Victim

A number of years ago, a university student and his buddy walked up to within the usual six feet or so of me (I think of it as standard hissing distance) and stated to the air in my vicinity, ''Congratulations lady. You make a great victim!''

I just want to take a minute to respond directly to that now.
Actually, you arrogant little jerk, I make a lousy victim. "Good" victims don't keep fighting or talking all this time. They don't get labelled "non-compliant." What good victims do is "let it go," "overlook it," and forgive their unrepentant protagonists, and all the abusive, loud mouthed, know-it-alls that joined in the attack. That is what "good" victims are instructed to do, and "good" victims follow the instructions of those who are in control. As we can see, this is not a description of my character, since clearly, I don't know enough to quit while I am still walking around free to talk about it all.

Of course, I understand why you and your friends have trouble identifying the truly "good" victims since you are not the ones being hissed at on the streets by 19 year old life experts like yourself who are clearly suffering from acute S.A.P.D.

For complete explanation of this Disorder see "The Reason Why " the first entry on the Home page of this blog.

No comments:

Followers