October 30th, 2006 I don't want any more box boys in grocery stores talking about how I am 'ruining the poor guy's life for him.'
I do not want, or need, any ‘interpreters’ to speak on my behalf or to ‘translate’ what I say into psychiatrese or dysfunctionese.
I do not want any of my relatives involved ‘covertly’ or otherwise in defining my reality FOR me.
I do not want to be manipulated nor lied to by psychiatrists no matter how ‘good’ their intentions may be.
I do not want to be treated like an object of observation by the mental illness profession nor as one of ‘entertainment’ by the mindless masses.
I do not want Professors Phidd, Newman, or anyone else, discussing me or my ‘fascinating case’ with groups of senior men at the mall, camera shop employees, bus drivers, university staff, students or anyone else. Is that clear enough for you?
I am not interested in Myrna G.’s opinion of my experience, as it has been passed along to her by her Homewood relative, nor do I appreciate her spreading of it and all the latest crap she has heard. I do not want her repeating it to the staff and residents of Oxford Lodge, Upsdell’s store, the makeup department at Sears, or her hairdresser. Understood? Is this concrete enough for you?
Friday, October 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment