Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Little More On the Psychosocial Aspects of "Groupthink"

Hello all. I am very busy in the physical world for a week or two but I wanted to post something for exploration by some of my psychiatrized friends.

I think this aspect of human behaviour is grossly neglected because of the emphasis the mental illness profession places on the supposed inherent 'defectiveness' of the perception and reactions in the psychiatrized individual.


I have thought for a long time that this problem, for which many of us are assigned sole custody, has always had much more to do with societal groups as a whole than it has the individual. While I am less active, I hope that some of you will read these links and see if these descriptions don't have an all too familiar feel to them when relating them to your own unique experience.



Social Psychology: An Introduction


Psychology 101: Social Psychology


Social Psychology and Group Dynamics


Examples of Primary Sources


Cult Dynamics

The inclusion of these web links here does not imply either unquestioned support and agreement, or disagreement, simply by the fact of their listing them here. It is intended to offer readers something to think about. WHAT you think, as a result, is up to you of course.

No comments:

Followers